An update on NHS dental services at our practice
As you will know, the Prime Minister has confirmed that public restrictions have been significantly eased on 19th July.
Under the Government's guidance we will still be maintaining preventative and safety measures at our surgery. Click here to read more.
Skip to content
- Gum disease is caused by plaque which contains bacteria
- Most types of gum disease can be controlled by removing plaque by toothbrushing and cleaning between teeth
- Smoking can make gum disease worse
- Eating a balanced diet, with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, can help reduce gum disease
- Some toothpastes have been proven to help reduce gum disease, these contain either Triclosan with co-polymer or Triclosan with zinc citrate or stannous fluoride
- Some medical conditions can increase the risk of gum disease – these include Diabetes, Down Syndrome, some blood disorders, Pregnancy and some medication (inc. Epanutin, Cyclosporine and Nifedipine)